TPS Update: Relaxation of uniform requirements
Given the potential for shifts between distance and in-person learning in the 2020-2021 school year, we are relaxing student uniform requirements. We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has created or increased the economic challenges that some of our families face. We hope that relaxing the uniform requirements will provide some relief for parents as we prepare for an uncertain school year. If you have uniforms and wish to use them, you are welcome to do so. If you are in a situation where you would prefer not to purchase uniforms, your school leaders will be supportive of that decision as well.
If you need support with food, clothing, housing, utilities, or social services referrals, contact United Way 211 by texting “211OK” to the number 898-211 or calling 2-1-1 from your mobile device.
Our district dress code will remain in effect, and you can find those guidelines on our website. For more information about planning for the 2020-2021 school year, visit www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
Actualización de TPS: El uso del uniforme escolar no será obligatorio
Dado los posibles cambios entre el aprendizaje presencial y a distancia en el año escolar 2020-2021, el uso de los uniformes escolares no será obligatorio. Sabemos que la pandemia de COVID-19 ha creado o aumentado los desafíos económicos que enfrentan algunas de nuestras familias. Esperamos que esta decisión proporcione cierto alivio a los padres mientras nos preparamos para un año escolar incierto. Si tiene uniformes y desea usarlos, puede hacerlo. Si se encuentra en una situación en la que preferiría no comprar uniformes, los líderes de su escuela también apoyarán esa decisión.
Si necesita ayuda de alimentos, ropa, vivienda, servicios públicos o servicios sociales, comuníquese con United Way 211 enviando un mensaje de texto con el mensaje "211OK" al número 898-211 o llamando al 2-1-1 desde su dispositivo móvil.
Nuestro código de uniformes del distrito seguirá vigente y puede encontrarlo en nuestro sitio web. Para obtener más información sobre la planificación para el año escolar 2020-2021, visite www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
- Polo shirts can be long sleeve or short sleeve
- No t-shirts, or sleeveless shirts. All shirts must have collars
- No writing, logos, stripes, or patterns
- Colors: white, hunter green, navy blue
Pants & Shorts
- No cargo pants/shorts
- No holes, rivets or tears
- No jeans
- Pants should fit properly in all areas.
- Shorts must extend below the fingertips when the child is standing with hands to their sides
- Colors: navy, khaki, or black
Dresses, Skirts & Jumpers
- Length must extend below the fingertips when the child is standing with hands to their sides.
- Jumpers must have a collared shirt underneath
- No writing, logos, stripes, or patterns
- Colors: navy, khaki, tan, or black
- All shoes need to be athletic style shoes
- No sandals, flip flops, ballet shoes, shoes with a heel, dress shoes
- Shoes with lights, games, or sounds are not permitted
- Colors: Any color
Tights & Leggings
- They are not to be worn as pants alone
- Any color or pattern
Jackets & Coats
- Any light jacket may be worn in the classroom if it is school colors
- Heavy coats need to stay in lockers
- Teachers may have students put their jacket in their locker if it becomes a distraction
- Colors: navy, hunter green, white, or college/university
Costume headbands are not allowed. All jewelry and hair accessories should be modest
and not distract from learning. The teacher may choose to have them remove any pieces that become a distraction. Hats or jacket hoods are not to be worn inside the building.
Spirit days every Friday
Spirit Days are an earned incentive based on attendance, positive behavior, completed and turned in homework and must be teacher approved each week. Students may wear denim pants, skirts, or shorts as long as they meet the length requirement and do not have any holes, rivets or tears. Students should wear a uniform shirt or a McKinley t-shirt with their denim bottoms.
Students are permitted to wear a college or university t-shirt or sweatshirt with their uniform bottoms every Wednesday.
Non-Uniform Dress Day
Non-uniform dress days will occur occasionally throughout the year and will be announced in advance. On these days, students may wear any school appropriate clothes they choose.
Make sure all shorts, skirts and shorts are appropriate lengths. No profanity, costumes, or pajamas. Shoulder straps must be a minimum of the width of two fingers of the person wearing the garment.
***Adjustments to the dress code may be made for special events.***