All students attending McKinley are expected to comply with the required school dress code. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to provide school uniforms for students in support and enforcement of the school dress code. The McKinley student dress code meets the standards set forth in the district policy.
Students not conforming to the dress code and grooming rules set forth by the policy will be subjected to disciplinary actions or sanctions. Approved school apparel will include the following items.
SHIRTS (POLO TYPE WITH COLLAR) APPROVED COLORS
- Hunter Green
- Navy Blue
PANTS (LONG/SHORTS) APPROVED COLORS
NOTE: Painters pants, cargo pants, and oversized pants are not acceptable!!
WINTER WEAR ITEMS (GREEN, NAVY, BLACK,GRAY AND WHITE)
- Sweat Shirts
NOTE: HEAVY COATS ARE NOT TO BE WORN IN CLASS. THEY MUST BE KEPT IN LOCKERS. ONLY THE WINTER WEAR ITEMS LISTED ABOVE CAN BE WORN IN THE CLASSROOMS.
ADDITIONAL APPROVED ITEMS FOR GIRLS
- Skirts (Navy, Black, Khaki, plaid)
- Jumpers (Navy, Black, Khaki, plaid)
- Capri pants
- Blouses that button up the front with Peter Pan collars
- Tights or Leggings in the appropriate colors (white, green, navy, black, gray)
NOTE: EXCESSIVELY LARGE EARRINGS CANNOT BE WORN DUE TO SAFETY REASONS.
Students are to wear the appropriate footwear at all times. The following are not allowed: Heelies, high heels, flip flops, or sandals.
School uniforms may be purchased at the following stores:
- The Academy (41st & I-44 and 81st & HWY 169)
- J.C. Penney’s
- Old Navy
- Tops and Bottoms
- Family Dollar
- C and J Uniform (Fontana Shopping Center at 51st & Memorial)
- Resale Shops such as GOODWILL, Salvation Army
- Renee’s Uniform Closet on 41st Street in the Highland Shopping Center
- Sooner Surplus
- Refer to the Yellow Pages for addresses of other resale shops.